If you have any questions regarding employment, please contact Andy Ballard at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Finance Manager will work directly with the ESM team, as well as facility General Managers in all facets of Finance.
Finance: Responsible for the management of the organization’s financial and accounting policies. This includes, but is not limited to systems and processes, tax and regulatory requirements, payroll systems and processes, ongoing financial modeling and budgets.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The Finance Manager is responsible for performing the following duties personally or through subordinate staff:
Keeps records of financial transactions for establishment. Responsible for various functions in accounting, including compiling payroll data, processing employee benefits, reconciling cash and credit card receipts from transactions. Computes, classifies, records, and verifies numerical data for use in maintaining accounting records by performing the following duties.
- Manage the financial resources of the organization
- Accounts Receivable – Reconciling Daily/Monthly Revenue Reports & Bank Statements, Bank Deposits
- Accounts Payable – Invoices, Credit Cards
- Supports Payroll – Timesheets, Deductions, Wage Garnishments, etc.
- Codes data for input to financial data processing system according to company procedures
- Verifies, allocates, and posts details of business transactions to subsidiary accounts in accounting software from documents such as sales slips, invoices, receipts, check stubs, and computer printouts
- Prepares invoices, checks, account statements, reports, and other records, and reviews for accuracy
- Manage daily deposits in conjunction with daily sales reports
- Reconciles and balances accounts
- Manages vendor relationships including debt payback schedules, collection schedules, etc.
- Monitors loans and accounts payable and receivable to ensure that payments are up to date
- Compiles reports to show statistics such as cash receipts and expenditures, accounts payable and receivable, profit and loss, and other items pertinent to operation of business
- Audits invoices against purchase orders, researches discrepancies, and approves for payment
- Investigates problems that vendors or purchasing agents have with obtaining payment for bills
- Computes and records refunds
- Prorates expenses to be debited or credited to each department for cost accounting records
- Prepares periodic reports of earnings, taxes, and deductions
- Maintains records of all billings for auditing purposes
- Assists employees, vendors, clients, or customers by answering questions related to accounts, procedures, and services
- Conduct Financial Resource planning for current and future needs
- Enforces the organization’s financial policies and procedures
- Monitors the preparation of the financial budget and enters approved budget into financial software
- Prepares and supervises financial reports in cooperation with all other departments
- Prepares and issues end-of-year childcare expense statements
- Manage organizational cash flow and forecasting
- Prepares financial reports for ESM staff and General Managers to help them manage the businesses.
- Knowledge of & respect for Eastern Sports Management Mission
- Knowledge of the rules and regulations of ESM, including its Personnel Handbook, and abide by them
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as needed, required, or assigned by ESM President and executive team.
- Knowledge of bookkeeping standard practices and policies
- 3 years experience
- Small business A/R and A/P experience
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, public administration, business administration, or a related field that includes a minimum of 12 credit course hours in accounting, plus one year of professional accounting and financial processing experience using automated accounting systems.
Substitution: Additional qualifying experience may substitute for the education requirement on a year-for-year basis.
- Proficiency in Excel and working with excel spreadsheets
- Basic financial management and cash handling skills
- Superior organizational ability
- Strong working knowledge with QuickBooks online and familiar with POS
- Responsible with high attention to detail
Human Resources and Payroll Manager
The Human Resources and Payroll Manager will work directly with the Vice Presidents at ESM, as well as facility General Managers in three main facets: ESM Business, Human Resources, and Payroll.
Human Resources: Serves as the primary contact for all managers and employees as pertaining to human resources. Leads HR practices and objectives that will provide an employee-oriented, high-performance culture that emphasizes quality, productivity and standards of a superior workforce. Monitors the efficiency of employees and uses of wages at all businesses. Monitors morale and employee improvement.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The Human Resources and Payroll Manager is responsible for performing the following duties personally or through subordinate staff:
· Administers policies relating to all phases of human resources activity by performing the following duties:
· Maintains knowledge of legal requirements and government reporting regulations affecting human resources functions and ensures policies, procedures, and reporting are in compliance
· Recruits, interviews, tests, and selects employees to fill vacant positions
· Plans and conducts new employee orientation to foster positive attitude toward company goals
· Keeps records of benefits plan participation such as insurance, personnel transactions such as hires, promotions, transfers, performance reviews, and terminations, and employee statistics for government reporting
· Trains management in interviewing, hiring, terminations, promotions and performance reviews
· Oversees company trainings (i.e. – safety, First Aid & CPR, sexual harassment, etc.)
· Maintains training files and enforces required trainings for all applicable employees
· Advises management in appropriate resolution of employee relations issues
· Responds to inquiries regarding policies, procedures, and programs
· Administers performance review program to ensure effectiveness, compliance, and equity within the organization
· Administers salary administration program to ensure compliance and equity within organization
· Administers benefits programs such as health and dental insurances, pension plans, vacation, holiday leave, leave of absence, and employee assistance
· Investigates accidents and prepares reports for the insurance carrier
· Conducts wage surveys within labor market to determine competitive wage rate
· Prepares employee separation notices and related documentation, and conducts exit interviews to determine reasons behind separations
· Enforcement of all procedures to include: Job Descriptions, Employee Handbook, Operations Manual, etc.
· Administers Employee Recognition programs such as Employee of the Month/Year
· Facilitates Annual Holiday party, as well as other events, to boost employee morale
· Oversee Internship Program (recruit, interview, onboard, orientation, mid-term evaluation and exit interview)
· Compiles payroll data such as hours worked, commissions, bonuses, taxes and insurance, from time sheets and other records
· Records changes affecting net wages such as exemptions, insurance coverage, and loan payments for each employee to update master payroll records
· Records data concerning transfer of employees between departments
· Reviews wages computed and corrects errors to ensure accuracy of payroll
· Keeps records of leave pay and nontaxable wages
· Prepares and issues paychecks
· Processes employee requests for company-offered benefits by determining deduction amount; notifies insurance broker(s) and updates payroll software
· Knowledge of & respect for Eastern Sports Management Mission
· Knowledge of the rules and regulations of ESM, including its Personnel Handbook, and abide by them
· Perform other duties and responsibilities as needed, required, or assigned by ESM President as well as Vice President of Operations
· Support Finance Manager
· Manage ESM office (Schedules, meetings, supplies, etc.)
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $35,000.00 to $45,000.00 /year
- Relevant: 3 years (Required)
- Human Resources: 3 years (Preferred)
- One location
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off
- Flexible schedule
Eastern Sports Management offers internships with them and also within their facilities. Internships currently available in Human Resources and Youth Programming.
We promise our students the most complete, well rounded internship experience available. We treat them as staff members, not as college students. Our interns receive on-the-job training and are challenged daily to exceed expectations. Students receive honest feedback, advice, and guidance. We take personal interest in their professional development and preparation for life after college. We do everything in our power to assist students in their job search efforts after completing the internship. As an established company, we take pride in the career advancement of the students that come through our program.
We offer Internships during all semesters of the school year, and require resumes to be submitted for review by the following dates:
Spring Semester October 15
Summer Semester February 15
Fall Semester June 15
If interested, please contact Andy Ballard at email@example.com.